Venue; RIVER USK – PENPERGWM
Location; A40 Penpergwm
Sat Nat: NP7 9AH
Owner Permit; Penpergm Est
Availability; Day Tickets Fly Only
Fish Species; Brown trout, Salmon, Sea trout
At just under a mile in length, Greenbank is prime right bank salmon and trout fishing on the lower Usk, suited to a classic Usk day of salmon fishing when the trout aren’t rising and picking up the trout rod when they are. The top of the fishery is a deep and steady glide it runs into the large Tail pool. The run into and run out of Tail are excellent spots for a salmon.
Below the Tail the river is unstable and changes every year. It provides fine trout fishing with a chance of a salmon in the deeper holes, or of a falling spate when they are running.
This is a lovely spot all contained in one huge pasture field that allows easy access to all pools. There are some very large trout in this beat.
A single rod will have exclusivity or a party of two known to one another. Parking is roughly 600m from the river.
- National bye-laws must be observed and it is up to anglers to familiarise themselves with these.
- Fly Fishing only for Trout
- This Beat operates a Wash-Off Policy
- Dogs allowed but must be kept under control at all times
- Catch & Release for salmon at all times
- 2 Trout bag limit. All Trout over 2lb to be returned