Location; Situated below Symonds Yat
Owner Permit; Private Owner
Availability; Approx 2 1/2 miles of single bank fishing
Fish Species; Chub, Perch, Grayling, Salmon, Sea Trout, Brown Trout, Barbel, Gudgeon, Roach, Pike, Bleak, Dace
This fishery comprises around 2½ miles of double bank salmon and coarse fishing, a couple of miles upstream of Monmouth. Flowing through a picturesque gorge, it has vehicle access along the entire length of the left bank via an old railway line.
It is of mixed wading difficulty, with some great fly and spinning water and including the famous Martins Pool, an historic mid/lower Wye salmon catch. The beat has more than 20 salmon lies and pools in total. Note : The owner reserves the right to fish the stretch, although this should not affect your fishing.
Please be aware that during school holidays, bank holidays and summer weekends especially, this fishery is in a busy part of the Wye and the number of other river users will be at its maximum. It is worth concentrating your fishing early morning and evening during these periods.
- National bye-laws must be observed, and it is up to anglers to familiarise themselves with these.
- Catch & release for all species
- Dogs allowed but must be kept under control at all times
- No Pike fishing permitted
- An online catch return MUST be completed after Game fishing
- Coarse Fishing Regulations
Coaching Available on most venues email: email@example.com
Venue: WYE – Wyesham